VACANCY: HEAD OF NETBALL
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, experienced netball coach and manager to join the sports management team at Parel Vallei.
During the course of 2018, a dedicated post was created for the development and management of the netball programme at Parel Vallei. The vision for this position is to develop a programme, excelling both in performance and growing in participation, through fostering a real love of the game within a healthy, competitive environment.
This position requires a self-driven individual with a passion for netball coaching; coaching skills development; netball skills development; sport co-ordination and general management of the sporting code.
As this is a full time position in the sports’ office – additional duties within the overall school sport administration portfolio will be assigned.
- Netball Coaching – Proven track record of netball coaching at high school or club level (minimum of 5 years); established network within SA senior coaching will be highly advantageous;
- Coaching Skills Development – Previous experience in hosting coaching skills workshops, and/or acting as a consulting coach to other coaches at the school/club;
- Umpiring – Qualified and duly graded netball umpire; strong technical knowledge of current netball rules; established network within NSA umpiring will be beneficial;
- Sport Co-ordination – Solid experience with general co-ordination and administration of netball; including, but not limited to: arranging of netball fixtures, drafting of fixture programmes, scheduling of umpires (internal and external), co-ordinating transport, first aid and site preparation for sports days, assisting with co-ordination for major derby days etc;
- Fundraising – Proven experience co-ordinating fundraising events and/or heading up fundraising portfolio;
- Coaching proficiency within additional sporting codes will be highly advantageous.
Starting date: 2 April 2019 (or as negotiated).
Address your application to: The Headmaster, Mr D. Schenck.
Closing date for applications: 1 February 2019, at 12:00.
Parel Vallei reserves the right not to make any appointments.
Parel Vallei High School is an Employment Equity employer and these positions will be filled based on our Employment Equity Plan.
If you do not hear from us by 28 February 2019, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
Tel: 021 852 1228 / Web-site: www.pvallei.co.za