Rugby has been played at PV since the school’s inception
In 2014, a management decision was made to focus more on rugby and to bring this sport onto the same level as all the other activities in the school.
With the appointment of Mr Thinus Pienaar as rugby head, the school started to implement a rugby organizational structure and foundation that runs parallel to the school’s mission, in providing a balanced education, achieved through a high-performance and result-driven sports’ programme. Parel Vallei Rugby strives to nurture and develop individual talent in an arena that promotes teamwork, sportsmanship, respect, discipline and humility.
• Post-season training programmes;
• Pre-season strength and conditioning;
• Parents’ rugby committee selected and functioning;
• All coaches were interviewed and selected on merit before placed within a team;
• Regular local and international experienced guest coaches invited to share their rugby knowledge;
• Pre-season motivational sessions;
• Team-building camps for players and their dads;
• Co-ordinating coaches’ qualifications and the facilitation of courses for coaches;
• Major cash sponsorships for new rugby equipment;
• Regular rugby committee, coaches and individual player meetings;
• The partnering with a rugby analysis software company for accurate statistics to better our game plan;
• Intense marketing drive aimed at junior recruitment in primary schools;
• Instilling a new rugby mindset and approach within the school to form Parel Vallei RUGBY unity;
• And most of all: absolute faith, trust and hard work!
ACTIVITIES THROUGHOUT THE YEAR:
The introduction braai:
Before the season kicks off, all players, coaches and parents get together and have a braai to set goals for the year to come, socialize and have some fun together!
The highlight of the year: The rugby camp for players and their dads in March!
Investec Rugby Academy High Performance Players Course in June / December.
Sevens Rugby Season
Boland Landbou Rugby Day
SCST u/ 19 Rugby week
Arthur Johnson Rugby Week
WBHS Rugby Festival
To be a Top 20 rugby school!
We strive to teach our rugby players to be ambassadors on and off the field, at all times.
Behind the scenes extensive future planning and preparation is ongoing to ensure that we achieve our long term goals and aspirations.
Head of rugby:
Mr. Thinus Pienaar
*Please refer to our school Communicator for daily updates in regards to results and dates.